You rely on your trusty Thermador dishwasher to make doing the dishes quick and easy. But what do you do when suddenly, it refuses to start? Fear not! This comprehensive guide is here to help you identify and tackle the most common issues that explain why you have a Thermador dishwasher not starting. With our step-by-step solutions, you’ll have your appliance running like new in no time.
How to Troubleshoot a Thermador Dishwasher Not Starting
It might seem like your dishwasher is broken and requires professional repair service, but don’t call us just yet! Start by checking for these well-known issues that explain why your Thermador dishwasher won’t turn on.
Dishwasher Not Getting Power
It might seem obvious, but a lack of power is a common reason for a dishwasher not starting. Before you panic, let’s check the following:
- Circuit Breaker: A tripped circuit breaker can cut power to your dishwasher. Locate your home’s electrical panel and find the breaker for your dishwasher. If it has tripped, reset it by flipping the switch to the “ON” position.
- Call a Professional: If you’re uncomfortable with checking the circuit breaker or the issue persists, it’s time to call a professional appliance repair service like Don Bacon Appliance Service for assistance.
⚠️Warning: Since safety is paramount, so we strongly advise against unplugging or plugging the dishwasher back in due to the risk of electrocution.
Check Dishwasher Control Settings
Modern dishwashers come with a variety of control settings that can sometimes confuse users. If your dishwasher won’t start but has power, it’s worth examining these settings to ensure they aren’t preventing the dishwasher from operating:
- Child Lock: A built-in child lock feature on Thermador dishwashers prevents unintentional use, especially by curious little ones. To deactivate the child lock, consult your user manual for the specific instructions for your model.
- Delay Start: The delay start feature is designed to allow you to postpone the dishwasher’s operation for a more convenient time. To cancel the delay start, simply press the “Delay Start” button until the display shows “0:00”. Your dishwasher should now start as usual.
Door Latch Is Not Engaged
Thermador dishwashers are equipped with a safety feature that prevents them from starting unless the door latch is engaged. This mechanism ensures that no water spills out during operation. To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:
- Inspect the Door: Check for any items, such as large utensils or dishes, that could be blocking the door from fully closing.
- Assess the Latch: If the door is clear and still won’t latch, the latch itself might be broken. In this case, call a professional Thermador repair company like Don Bacon Appliance Service.
Dishwasher Isn’t Getting Water
Water is an essential component of your dishwasher’s cleaning process. Without it, your Thermador dishwasher won’t start. To ensure your dishwasher is getting water, perform the following checks:
- Check the Water Supply Line: Inspect the line for any kinks or blockages that might be restricting water flow and make sure the connection is secure.
- Examine the Water Inlet Valve: The water inlet valve controls the flow of water into the dishwasher. Ensure the valve is functioning correctly. If you’re unsure how to do this or the issue persists, it’s best to call a professional.
Dishwasher Part Failures
Various internal components can fail over time, causing your Thermador dishwasher not to start. Some of the most common parts that can malfunction include:
- Thermal Fuse: This safety device protects the dishwasher from overheating. However, it can fail and prevent the dishwasher from
- Control Panel: The user interface that sends commands to the control board can sometimes malfunction, leading to issues with starting the dishwasher.
- Control Board: The central “brain” of the dishwasher, which controls its operation, may fail over time and cause starting problems.
Determining if any of these parts are the problem can be challenging, so consulting a professional is recommended.
Armed with this comprehensive guide, you now have a better understanding of the potential reasons behind your Thermador dishwasher not starting and the steps to get it back on track. If you’re unable to fix the issue or feel unsure about any of the steps, remember that Don Bacon Appliance Service is here to help. Our dishwasher repair experts will have your dishwasher running smoothly again in no time, so you can get back to enjoying your sparkling clean dishes.